Monday, 30 March 2015

Notre Dame Before Dinner

So much for art ... the Musee d'Orsay is closed on Mondays and the queue at the Louvre was gargantuan! So instead we wandered up through the statue garden and towards the Champs Élysées, stopping to take photos, eat crepes and swoon at the breathtaking beauty of Paris in the sunshine. It was very windy today so we had to wrap up a bit warm.

Later we went into Notre Dame, the iconic and vast cathedral many hundred of years old. There was a mass going on, so I sat on a wooden chair and listened to the priest singing and waited for the smell of the smoking incense to reach my nose. There were crowds of tourists milling about but it felt peaceful and respectful as we gazed up at the stained glass windows and gothic ceilings dangling candelabras over our heads.

2 comments:

  1. Your description and photo almost make me feel like I am there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying your posts from Paris as I hope to be there in August, probably following your footsteps....

    ReplyDelete