Friday, 16 January 2015

Hope in a Bottle

I like washing my hair in the bath or shower nowadays. Because when I rub my head dry with a towel, all the soft, fuzzy new hair stands up on end and looks fuller than it does when it's been squashed flat by a wig or a headscarf. And I feel thrilled for a moment that my hair really is growing back!

And to make hair-washing even more exciting, today I started using a shampoo (in a pretty white and purple bottle) called FAST. This magic potion allegedly contains a special blend of herbs, vitamins and amino acids that make hair grow ... well, faster. I'm usually skeptical about this sort of thing, but as 438 reviewers on Amazon have given it on average 4 stars out of 5, I reckon it must be worth a try.

4 comments:

  1. Cool - you'll have to do a post sometime about how well it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment.... if it works, it's well worth a post or even a newspaper article to advise others in a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used Nioxin shampoo on my bald head through treatment on the belief that I could help my hair grow back in faster. I remember the magic day I could go for a hair cut - three months after I finished chemo. The new cut tidied up the rough ends and made me look and feel a whole lot healthier. I hated my wig and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Finally one day I just decided my hair was long enough to look like a very short hair cut....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still working on accepting my hair, as it is not what it was before cancer barged into my life. I am pretty curious to hear how this product works out for you too. Keep us posted. I'm actually reviewing a hair product next week, 'cuz, well, like I said I have issues. At any rate, I'm glad yours in coming back in. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete